My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I'm a one and a half year old pug who wants to make it big in life. This blog is my start.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A poem about older dogs...

Even though I'm young and cute, there are some senior pugs that are just as cute. I think all dogs deserve a chance at a great forever home........


Why you should consider an older pet-

One by one they pass by my cage-
Too old, too worn, too broken, no way.
Way past his time, can't run and play,
Then they shake their heads and go on their way.

A little old man, arthritic and sore,
Seems I'm not wanted anymore.
I once had a home, I once had a bed,
A place that was warm and where I was fed.

Now my muzzle is grey, and my ears slowly fail.
Who wants a dog so old and so frail?
My family decided I didnt belong,
I got in their way, I was just wrong.
Whatever excuse they made in their head
Can't justify how they left me for dead.

Now I sit in this cage, where day after day
The younger dogs get adopted away.
When I had almost come to the end of my rope,
You saw my face and I finally had hope.
You saw through the grey and the legs bent with age,
And said I still had life beyond this cage.

You took me home, gave me food and a bed,
And shared your own pillow with my poor old head.
We snuggle and play and you talk to me low,
You love me so dearly, you want me to know.

I may have lived most of my life with another,
But you outshine them with a love that is stronger.
And I promise to return the love that you give
To you, my dear person, as long as I live.
I may be with you for a week or for years.
We will share smiles and maybe some tears.
And when the time comes that God deems I must leave,
I know you will cry and, your heart, it will grieve.

And when I arrive at the bridge all brand new,
My thoughts and my heart will still be with you.
And I will brag to all who will hear
Of the person who made my last days so dear.

-Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home