My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

I'm a one and a half year old pug who wants to make it big in life. This blog is my start.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Murphy's thoughts on pug rescue

Yesterday was an awful rainy day, but Mom and I made the best of it. We had to go and do these "home visits." Mom says we are checking out homes for people that want to adopt pugs and she needs my help. I don't understand why there are so many pugs that needs homes. I think most of us are pretty cool. I've met a few weird ones, but all in all, they are great. Like Lucy, Mom's last foster Lucy. She was a little mangey, but she was a great girl. Ok, I didn't like that she stole my toys and took off with my pug toy to Balimore, but Mom says we are going to visit her in the spring and I'll get her back.

Anyway, we visited two great homes. The first had a big dog, that Mom says was a rottie. She was huge, but really nice. She and her pug, Amy (who told me that she ran the house) shared their cookies with me. Amy said she had a lot of puppies before she came to that house and wasn't allowed to live inside. Is that anyway to treat a mother? She was nice, but a little shy. She liked me though and said she can't wait to have a pug pal to bully the rottie with.

The next house had a ferret. It was in a cage. The home also had three kids, but they were so nice. They sat on the floor and let me come to them. (Some children I have met are so obnoxious!) They were so excited to have me visit. I told Mom they'd make great pug people. They let me explore the house and I got to meet their cat, Thumder, who looked like our cat, Max. Thunder didn't hiss at all, he just looked at me, turned around and went back to bed. While I was playing with the cat toys, I heard Mom telling the family all about pugs and how to care for them. They said they may even consider a pair. Wouldn't two pugs be lucky to have a home with those nice children?

What I still don't understand why pugs need homes. Why do people abuse them and give them up? After our visits, Mom said she would never give me up and she gave me a big kiss and a hug. I love my Mom and I'll put up with our fosters if I have to. They need a break. (I'll just learn to keep a better eye on my toys.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home